Saturday 19 February 2011

My Mumpreneur of the Month: Paula Fry from Love is Boutique

1. Can you quickly introduce yourself to our readers?

My name is Paula Fry. I am a married 40 year old mum of 2 - aged 15 and 12 and founder of Love Is Boutique.

2. When and why did you decide you decide to become your own boss?

I used to be a currency trader in the city and after being made redundant and taking time out I reassessed my life and what was important to me. I went back to be a broker, hated it and quit to start my own business 18 months ago

3. What sort of products to you produce and sell? And which one is your absolute favourite?

I own a designer dress agency and vintage boutique, Love Is Boutique. I sell clothes, jewellery, handbags, shoes, accessories and I love them all!! Designer and vintage handbags are probably my weakness though.

4. How do you juggle being a succesful business woman and a mum and wife?

I have always worked hard and I want my kids to understand you don't get anywhere without doing that! Since working for myself I can dictate how I use my time, when I leave for work and come home etc. Though I must say, working never stops in my head! I make sure we have a whole day as a family once a week but I must say, as our kids get older, they don't want to be with their parents all the time! My daughter works for me on Saturdays, so we get lots of time to chat too! 

5. Is there anything you wish you'd known before becoming a mumpreneur or wish you'd done differently?

I wish I'd known more about the accounts side of owning a business and just how time consuming and complicated it all can be. My business is an LLP and it's not always straight forward. I wouldn't really have done anything too different.

6. What do you love most about your job and what are your plans for the future?

I love dressing and styling clients, I love finding amazing pieces of fashion treasure to sell on. I love finding new homes for unloved items of clothing so someone else can enjoy them! I want to expand with maybe another shop, but for now our internet business is growing and we are concentrating on ASOS Marketplace where we are doing really really well.

If you love the sound of Love Is Boutique, pop around tomorrow to win a vintage handbag and a silk scarf in my big Mumpreneur of the Month giveaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...